Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Picnic Rock

Sunday was such a beautiful day! Some friends of ours decided to head up to Picnic Rock that afternoon and we tagged along. We have heard some great things about this place from some other friends and we were excited to check it out. Kailyn and Devin had such a great time throwing rocks, sticks, dirt, pine cones, and anything else you can imagine in the river while the old folks just talked and hung out. It was great to get up in the mountains for a bit. The air was so crisp and fresh. The river was really high because of all the snow melt. We even saw some kayakers coming down the river. We saw one of the kayakers tip over and he couldn't get back up for a while. Finally he just came out of the kayak and floated down the river for a while. It was so scary watching the guy under water for so long and not coming up for air! But he made it. It was also so nice getting out with friends and just hanging out. Thanks guys for the invite! it was so fun!












I had to get one picture of Taylor to prove that she was there too! Again, she just hung out in her car seat. Sometimes she drifted to sleep and sometimes she was awake. She was in such a good mood when she was awake. She was smiling away. Ahhh I love this little girl....


2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm glad you put a picture of Taylor because I was looking for her in all the pictures and couldn't find her 'til the end, too funny! I wondered how babies enjoyed the outdoors...now I know:). Cute family!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little family you guys have! Looks like you're having fun and enjoying life!!