
Happy 4th everyone! I hope everyone had a great holiday. I know we did!! And we needed about a week to recover from it...(at least I did!) This Koenig family spent my favorite holiday with Grandma and Grandpa Mathews up in
the Poudre Canyon. We went about 50 miles into the canyon to meet grma and grpa Monday afternoon. We camped at the site "Big South" and it is right by the river. It was so beautiful! When we got there, Grandpa was already fishing and Grandma was doing her needle work, so Brady, Kailyn and I went on a little hike up the river to a beautiful waterfall. Oh wow, was it gorgeous.
Some clouds came rolling in so we decided to set up our tent and get all situated. We had some dinner (taco soup) in their trailer which was sooo nice because there were so many bugs out. We hung out and talked a bit after dinner then put Kailyn down and then......of course Cards! We played a few rounds of oh heck and talked until about 11:30.
the Poudre Canyon. We went about 50 miles into the canyon to meet grma and grpa Monday afternoon. We camped at the site "Big South" and it is right by the river. It was so beautiful! When we got there, Grandpa was already fishing and Grandma was doing her needle work, so Brady, Kailyn and I went on a little hike up the river to a beautiful waterfall. Oh wow, was it gorgeous.
Some clouds came rolling in so we decided to set up our tent and get all situated. We had some dinner (taco soup) in their trailer which was sooo nice because there were so many bugs out. We hung out and talked a bit after dinner then put Kailyn down and then......of course Cards! We played a few rounds of oh heck and talked until about 11:30.
The next morning didn't start until 9am! Way to sleep in Kailyn!! We got up and had breakfast outside with the perfect weather and sunshine. Then Brady and I went fly fishing. Grandma and Grandpa watched Kailyn all morning while we fished. THANKS!!!! Brady caught one fish and I caught a stick! woo hoo! After lunch Grandpa, Spencer, Brady and I went for a little hike up the river again. We only went about a 1 1/2 miles up the river, but what a BEAUTIFUL hike.
I wish I could describe it to you, but I wouldn't do it justice. You will just have to go see for yourselves ;o) After the hike, Ryan came up and joined us for dinner. He brought a great chicken dinner for us.
After dinner, Grandma gave Kailyn a little bath in there trailer which Kailyn was so happy for! She got so dirty. Grandpa got the cutest picture of them in the bathroom but I didn't get it on my camera. Maybe they can email me the picture later.... So after a little more fishing and 5 lost flies later, i think it was time for us to head home. On the way home, we listened to the 1812 overture about 5 times. (My favorite song for the 4th) It just wouldn't be the 4th of July without that song. 
Unfortunately, we didn't get to see any fireworks (it was too late for Kailyn and she needed to get to bed). But we sure did hear tons of fireworks going off in the neighborhood. So we got our fair share in. This was such a great week and i was so glad that we got a break in the middle of the week. It made the week go by so much faster.
*Our next big adventure---- Paragliding! Stay tuned for that next week....*
4 comments:
You caught a stick? Lucky...
I wish we could have come, sounds like you had a great time!
I caught my finger once. That sucks.
Is that you fly fishing? You go girl!
Post a Comment