Saturday, June 02, 2007

My new hobby!

This last week Ryan took Brady, Kailyn, and I rock climbing! (well, not really Kailyn...she just watched) We went to Horsetooth Reservoir and made hiked up to where we would climb. Ryan set everything up and tied all the ropes he needed to. I got hooked up in the harness and started down the rock wall. (That was the easy part) But I had a hard time letting go of the top rock and just hanging there. I think it took me about 5 minutes to let go! what a wuss! Then Ryan came down and did some more knot tying and then I was on my way back up! (That was the hard part) After about 10 minutes of trying to climb back up the wall, I only made it about half way up. I totally chickened out and came back down. Ryan and I hiked up the back side of the wall to Brady and Kailyn. I feel kinda bad I didn't try harder to finish the climb, but oh well. I just have to tell my self that half way up is good for your first try, right?!

It was getting kinda late for Kailyn and she needed to go home for some lunch and a nap. So we hiked down the mountain to head home and let Ryan and Brady do their "manly" stuff. But when I got back down to the car, I couldn't find the keys! Grrrrrr...... So, I hiked back up the mountain with a very tired, hungry, and fussy girl. We got the keys from Brady who had them at the bottom of the wall. So we had to wait for him to climb back up and give us the keys. Then we went back down the mountain to head home. phew! I know I certainly got my exercise for that day and about 3 days after that! It was such a fun day and hopefully Ryan will take us again when I wont chicken out half way up. When Brady came home later that afternoon, he said that they climbed it 4 more times. I said to him "thanks for rubbing that in!" What a guy..... ;o)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be too hard on yourself, climbing is hard work! I think you hiked enough to make up for it anyway :)

Koenig Family Blog said...

That is awesome, good for you! I would be so scared I would fall! (fear of heights and all) You must be so strong to be able to do that!

The Coopers said...

Great job! We should all go next time that we are up there :) I have like zero strength right now thanks to not being able to lift anything for the past 9 months or so... but I will do some push ups and I will be good to go! Did you see our fun slide show? It is cute :)

Sage Pierce said...

That looks like so much fun! You guys are awesome. We want to go with you next time!!! Seriously!!