Monday, September 10, 2007

Kailyn is 2 .... plus some

Hey everyone! I would like to apologize yet again for the lack of posts lately. I have been feeling not-so-good lately and just haven't gotten around to updating our blog. But here are a few now.
Kailyn turned 2 years old a few weeks ago! I cannot believe another year has passed us by. We went to the Doctor for her little check up a few days before her birthday and the Doctor said she looked great! She stood on the big scale to get weighed and she weighs 28 pounds. Then she stood by the wall to get her height and she is an inch shy of 3 feet! My little girl is not so little anymore. It kind of makes me a little sad. She is learning so many new things everyday. While Kailyn and I were in Denver this last week, she did the funniest thing. I was inside and she and Grandma were outside playing with a riding toy horse. All of the sudden, she wheels the horse to a corner of the house and said "Time Out." Then she goes back to play with Grandma a little bit. About a minute or 2 pass and she comes back to the horse and gets down and looks the horse right in the eye and said "Look at me. No No." Then she wheels the horse over to Grandma and said "Say sorry to Grandma." And that was that. After about 15 minutes of laughing non stop I had tears in my eyes. I never knew she could put some one or some thing in time out. At least she knows what to expect for time outs!


Kailyn had a great birthday party up here with all of her friends. We had a bunch of people over for a little end of the summer BBQ. We were watching Colby (Dave and Ashley's dog) and he was such a hit! All of Kailyns friends except one are boys and they just LOVED Colby. They were running around the back yard and playing with him all night. Colby loved all the attention and rough play. I don't know what we would have done for entertainment for the boys if Colby wasn't here.We went down to Denver for the holiday weekend for some family pictures and decided to have a little family party with a yummy ice cream cake. Kailyn came home with some great presents! Thanks guys!!!

3 comments:

Koenig Family Blog said...

Andrew was sitting on my lap and was like "She is sitting on Colby! That is MY dog!" Thanks again, you have no idea how much we appreciated you guys watching him for us!

MK said...

I am seriously cracking up about that time out story. She is so cute. It's amazing what our kids pick up from us. We just love her to pieces.

Anonymous said...

I love the timeout story-so cute! Thanks for updating your blog :)